Jon Lever’s 6 must-do things to make sure you Understand the APC Process
It is so important to understand the APC process. No matter which route you are following, the APC is not easy and requires effort and preparation. So many candidates are referred because they have not understood the process and what is expected of them.
- Make sure you have read the RICS APC Guides and fully understand them.
RICS Enrolment Guide [link to http://www.rics.org/uk/join/member-mrics/]
RICS Pathway Guides [http://www.rics.org/uk/apc/pathway-guides]
RICS Senior Professional Guides [http://www.rics.org/uk/apc/senior-professional-candidate-support/]
RICS Final Assessment Guide [http://www.rics.org/Global/Final%20Assessment%20Guide%20Aug%202015%20UK.pdf]
- Take control of your APC and manage the process. Set meetings with your supervisor and counsellor, monitor the amount of experience you are gaining against each of your competencies and levels.
DeLever Timeline Wallchart
- Understand your competencies and levels, more on this on the update next week.
- Keep up to date, make sure you both formally meet your supervisor every three months and that you record your competency experience regularly and frequently.
- Try and get an even spread of experience across your technical competencies and levels, speak to your supervisor about any deficiencies early.
- Think about Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and make sure you record enough.